- Directors of Finance
- HR Directors
- Medical Directors
- Directors of Nursing
- R&D Directors
'Transforming healthcare through clinical academic roles in nursing, midwifery and allied health professions: A practical resource for healthcare provider organisations'
A rich and diverse health research environment helps patients and invigorates the workplace. A number of nurses, midwives and allied health professionals are pursuing clinical academic careers, which means that, alongside their designated clinical role, they conduct research that helps to shape practice.
This guide is aimed at NHS organisational leads with the responsibility to develop and embed clinical academic roles for nursing, midwifery and allied health professions. It contains practical information, case studies and templates, and is structured into five key sections:
- Role, context and benefit
- Organisational readiness
- Identifying, enthusing and supporting
- Impact and evaluation
- Implementation of the guide
It will be helpful to those at the beginning of the development journey who have limited knowledge and experience about this topic. Those with more experience in this aspect of workforce development may also get new ideas and pick up tips. The guide has been developed as a web-based resource but can also be printed. It can be found, along with supporting resources, on the AUKUH website.
The press release accompanying the release of the guidance can be found here
- GSTT Research Capacity Organisation Questionnaire
- Impact case study template
- NIHR webinar: 'How nurses can build a career in research'
- NUTH-NMAHPs Research Strategy
- Organisation success case study template
- Queensland Health and Griffith University Validated Research Culture Tool
- The Christie Executive Board Paper
- The Christie NMAHPs Research Strategy
- UCEA guidance on compliance with the Follett Principles
- UCEA Joint NHS and University Procedures
- University of Southampton Guidance on Joint Working Protocol
- University of Southampton Job Descriptions
- Job description: early career doctoral fellow Band 5 AfC
- Job description: mid career (1) early post doctoral Band 6 Afc
- Job description: mid career (2) post doctoral Band 7 Afc
- Job description: senior career (1) Band 8abc Afc
- Job description: senior career (2) Band 8d 9 Afc